[RFI] A RF Quiet Electric Fencer needed

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Mon Jan 5 15:32:48 EST 2009

At 03:17 PM 1/5/2009, Hardy Landskov wrote:
>Tim,
>I had a neighbor that had an electric fence that was arcing to a tree trunk.
>But once we solved that problem, the fence was quiet. Are you sure you just
>don't have an arcing problem somewhere along the fence line? I don't think
>electric fences are noisey until they start arcing over to something but I
>could be wrong. I do not know all styles or designs of electric fences.
>73 & HNY N7RT

It should also be a strong selling point for the owner of the fence - an
arcing fence is a weak fence, and cattle have pretty thick hides, so it
ought to be in his interest to get it fixed and keep it fixed.  Electric
fence owners in this area tend to routinely spray Roundup under their
fences to prevent weed arcs.

73, Pete N4ZR