[RFI] wiring a 2-way radio in a Honda car

Gary Smith wa6fgi at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 8 12:06:16 EST 2009

I would tell them in a snail mail letter that Toyota DOES have this kind of info and that might be an influence on your next vehicle purchase.

Fwiw my first contact with Toyota on this subject, the individual on the `phone had no idea as to waht I was talking about.

But after my insistence to him on this subject he told me he would investigate and follow up on it.

And he did as he said, the result being a three pager on where and how to put the remote unit along with where to route the DC wiring.

Also, the letter did mention that the forward section of my Scion  was loaded with sensors that react in a crash, that being "the why and wher to put the wiring."

My guess is the low level phone reps don't have all of the answers, there for the answer they are taught to give when they encounter something they don't understand is to reply with a "no".

If Toyota understands this issue, I am certain that  Honda does too, they just rarely are confronted with it.  In closing the Japanese home standards are meaner than U.S.

Hope this helps, just keep at them.

73's,
Gary...wa6fgi