[RFI] Hum in Bose QC2 headphones

Gary Smith Gary at doctorgary.net
Wed Jan 14 00:16:58 EST 2009

Hi Dave,

No, these are stereo jacks, the K3 is a dual receiver radio with
identical receivers which are a true diversity ensemble with one
receiver using one antenna and the other receiver using a different
one but simultaneously. (Check out the Jan 2009 QST). Having dual
receivers is an option but I have all the options (It is an
absolutely killer radio). FWIW, even when using the base K3 with none
of the options, you use stereo headsets and there is an audio effects
option you may select which sends the signals to each ear a bit out
of phase. It's actually a plus in copying weak signals But the
Diversity using my K9AY on one receiver and the Inverted L on the
other is nothing short of magic.

Thanks for the thought though, I appreciate it.

Gary
KA1J