[RFI] You gotta LOVE IT - UVerse Blaming Hams

radiotowers radiotowers at verizon.net
Fri May 8 16:06:07 PDT 2009

K1TTT wrote:
> How are they delivering you the service??  As far as I can tell its only a
> high speed dsl that is delivered either on fiber or copper.
>

> David Robbins K1TTT
> e-mail: mailto:k1ttt at arrl.net
> web: http://www.k1ttt.net

Hey folks,
I just retired from Verizon. Hams don't mess with the Verizon FIOS
system. I believe UVerse is fiber based out to a point then goes to the
customer prem from a hub via copper cable or maybe coax. There is no
place for the rf to get into the fiber. It may get into the end
electronics. So far I have never heard of any problem with the FIOS at
Verizon and RF interference. ATT just did not want to spend the money to
bring fiber directly to the customer's home. So now they go to the FCC
to cry poor??  Maybe they ought to clean up their own house before
complaining. You can almost bet the FCC is going to listen to the "Big
ATT" company before they pay any attention to us. This ATT is not the
old ATT of the past. Its still the old Pacific Bell footprint here in
California but they grabbed the name when the original went out like a
unicorn.

All we need is a bunch of off the street no nothing installation "techs"
telling their customers that they are not the problem, its the big bad
"Hams" in their neighborhood. Hang on for the ride.

Larry / W6LAR
GTE / Verizon 45 years.
Microwave Radio / Fiber Broadband Maintenance (Retired)