[RFI] flourescent light

mark zavatsky mzav65sw at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 29 11:36:07 PST 2009

 I live in a studio attached to a house above a garage
and use a wellbrook 1530 loop which I feel is a awesome
antenna especially used on a rotor I can null out alot
of stuff since in my situation I cannot put up a wire.
 My landlord has a light he switches on daily that wipes
me out and no matter how I position the Loop (I even added
a 100ft of coax and put it out in the woods and still had
the hash!) I wrapped the coax in ferrite donuts but it
didn,t help, so what I,m deducting from this is maybe
it is coming from the mains AC , is that likely? would
a ICE AC line filter or something like that help? has anyone
had a similar problem? I can kill some of it with my
JPS Noise cancellar but you have to keep adjusting it
alot which is a bummer, tks for any info 73,s
Mark Zavatsky LI,NY  K1ZZZ ex: KA1CWK,HL9WK,N1MDI