[RFI] elevator noise

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Sep 27 11:46:55 PDT 2009

On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 10:21:41 -0400, myles landstein wrote:

>> Was wondering if anyone might have  some suggestions  to   fix  or
>> reduce  the  type of noise I am getting...

See the discussion of variable speed motor drives in

http://audiosystemsgroup.com/RFI-Ham.pdf

The likely cause of the problem is radiation from current flowing in a loop
between the motor and the motor controller through ground. An AC line filter
will do nothing to fix that. The problem must be solved by modifying circuitry
(and/or wiring) in the loop carrying that current. If I were you I would call
the FCC, and I would also try to get ARRL involved.

73,

Jim K9YC