[RFI] Trojan UV Noise.

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Wed Sep 30 01:23:15 PDT 2009

If this is the same of similar to other UV sterilizers it is little more
than a fluorescent light with out the coating inside the lamp/tube so
I'd think the same problems and fixes would apply to the filter as with
noisy fluorescent lights.

I'd think being in the country and using a "deep well" (out of the reach
of surface water) that the need to kill bacteria in household water
would not be necessary. As far as water system maintenance such as
changing filters we just throw in a half a cup of bleach.  We've had two
wells here in Central Michigan.  Typically the biggest problem is salt.
We are over a "capped" and rather shallow oil filed that overlies a
shallow coal deposit. That means the oil has a dome of salt water over
it and the distance between the top of the oil deposit dome and various
aquifers is relatively close. Also these domes generally tend to leak a
little. Much of this area has salt water close to the surface.  Our
second well was 150 feet and the water was still good. Lots of minerals
but good.  We now have city water out here.  Other nearby areas have
some really crappy water from the chemical leakage from the oil dome
which means their water is basically undrinkable. OTOH bacterial
certainly hasn't been a problem except for a few dug wells and those are
no longer legal to use for domestic water.

73 and good luck,

Roger (K8RI)