[RFI] Whirlpool Gas Range RFI Solution/ Kenmore Elite Electric Range Model 790.964124OF

pfizenmayer pfizenmayer2 at q.com
Sun Dec 5 18:41:22 PST 2010

I have a Kenmore Elite Electric Range that is OK at KW into low dipole above
stove on 160/80/40 but on 20 and abopve into a KT34 about 50 feet above
range it gives a F40 error code at powers above 100 watts .Makes no
difference with direction of the KT34 beam .

I added an AC line filter consisting of three Ferrite cores  F240  material
#31 with 4 turns of each of the three 220 cables (old  3 wire house) wound
around each set of three cores. Got rid of the F40 error code and beeps BUT
now we get a clicking noise fromits innards , sounds like a relay following
keying .

So next step has to be internal work as you have done. Would like to have a
schematic before I tear into it but so far Sears gives me the blank stare
when I ask where to get one . I bought a bunch of 0.0047 ufd AC line rated
caps for next episode.

73 Hank K7HP