[RFI] Relaying info - OK from N1BUG - noise problem solved

Tim Duffy K3LR k3lr at k3lr.com
Wed Dec 22 09:07:26 PST 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: topband-bounces at contesting.com [mailto:topband-bounces at contesting.com]
On Behalf Of N1BUG
Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 8:03 AM
To: Topband
Subject: Re: Topband: Noise from 802.11 access point

This is a follow-up to my earlier post (included below for easy
reference).

The solution to this issue has been found. It was the switching
power supply in the POE injector, as many of you suspected. The
device is now running with a passive injector powered by a linear
power supply. All filters and common mode chokes have been removed.
Silence!

Thanks to all who replied with suggestions. Special thanks to EA5EHS.

73,
Paul

--
Paul, N1BUG