[RFI] warning on led bulb

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Jul 3 12:04:39 PDT 2010

On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 19:52:24 +0000, K1TTT wrote:

>I just tracked down a new birdie on 160m

Thanks Dave. You MIGHT be able to kill it with the combination of a ferrite
choke and AC-rated capacitor across the choke on the line side. The choke
kills the common mode, and the cap works with the leakage inductance to
form a differential filter. In this application, you want to wind the choke
with some asymetry so that there will be some leakage/imbalance for the cap
to work with. This is something I picked up from Henry Ott.

73, Jim Brown K9YC