[RFI] Netgear Router RFI

Brian Reid kb3wca at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 00:03:03 PDT 2011

Hi all, new to the list, and relatively new to amateur radio. I recently
acquired a Yaesu 55 watt mobile 2 meter rig and am using it as a base
station. A week ago, Myself and a few local hams put a Workman BS150
aluminum mono band antenna on the roof. The antenna is approx. 35 feet off
of the ground at the base, and has a 6db gain rating. When transmitting on
full power (55 watts), my netgear wireless router stops transmitting, and
resumes when I unplug the unit and plug it back in. I was working on lower
power the other night and didn't have this issue. Most of RFI concerns with
routers i've seen have been with interference with the radio itself, and I
don't seem to have this issue. For reference, the router in question is a
Netgear
WGR614 802.11g 54mbps. Any ideas? Thank you in advance for your help.
--
Brian Reid
KB3WCA