[RFI] Solar Panel RFI - Noise begins

Tony dxdx at optonline.net
Sat Aug 20 17:36:37 PDT 2011

On 8/20/2011 5:22 PM, Pete Smith wrote:

>  It might be more useful if you showed us a panoramic display with a
>  wider band-spread, to see if there is a characteristic repetition every x KHz, or something similar. 73, Pete N4ZR

Pete,

The noise was repetitive, but I don't recall how far apart the signals
were. It disappeared a few hours ago so I'll have to wait till it pops
up again to make another video -- I'll post it ASAP.

I wonder if it's more likely for solar panels to cause RFI during the
day when they are being charged?

Thanks Pete..

Tony