[RFI] RFI publications (Magazines)?

Frank N. Haas KB4T utility.rfi.pro at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 20:16:46 PST 2011

Greetings All:

1.  A few days ago, I accidentally resent an email query regarding
pubs related to RFI. I say resent because I originally issued that
email in Aug. I appreciate the recent replies. I just bought a new
Blackberry Torch 9860 smart phone to upgrade my 2 year old Blackberry
Bold. The new phone is all touch with no physical keyboard. I fat
fingered the screen while reviewing restored emails and accidentally
sent the Aug query again.

2.  I've been using the National RF HFDF Vector Gun active loop
antenna system to locate power line interference sources that can only
be heard below 50 MHz. The system works well and is very convenient to
use. I've used it with both my high end Radar Engineers Model 242
receiver and my (new) Sangean ATS-909X portable AM/FM/SW receiver.
Excellent results with both radios. If you want to track down RFI
sources that can only be heard on HF, the HFDF system works well. I
recommend it.

3.  It's been pretty quiet on this email list of late. Interestingly,
I've seen a reduction in the number of power line interference cases
from utility customers over the last 5 months. With the holiday season
upon us and the mobs clearing the electronics shelves at all the big
box stores, I'm preparing for the onslaught of new power line
interference cases in January. Typically the cold January weather
makes power poles sing and all the newly energized Pacific Rim-made
switching power supplies begin adding to the noise floor. I'm ready
for my busy season!

4.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone! May 2012 be an
RFI-Quiet year for everyone except K3RFI and I !!!!!

73,

Frank N. Haas KB4T
Utility Interference Investigator
Florida