[RFI] Power levels and TVI

John Geiger aa5jg at fidmail.com
Mon Jan 10 10:39:08 PST 2011

I found out yesterday that I am having some occasional TVI with one of the
neighbors.  She is really cool about it but I don't know if it is also an
issue with others in the neighborhood, plus I would like to be courteous
about my operating as well.  I am using a low pass filter, so I am assuming
that the TV's front end is getting overloaded at times, as our houses are
only a few feet apart and they have cable for TV instead of picking it up
off the air.  I am running 100 watts to a pretty much unity gain antenna.
What power levels do others find works to reduce TV overloading?  Would
going to 25 watts make a big difference? Need to drop power further than
that?

73s John AA5JG