[RFI] Low pass filter opinions

dalej dj2001x at comcast.net
Thu Jan 13 03:43:38 PST 2011

Hello Dale,

Thanks for that info.  I have a Behringer MX882 used in a splitter configuration so that I can feed three rigs with one microphone.  Anyway this morning I used my Fluke 77 and checked the input pin one to chassis and it showed zero ohms all looks good so far.  On the output I check back pin one to ground and I get roughly 500 ohms, strange.  I also see there is two channels which have TRS instead of the XLR, the barrel/shield goes directly to chassis, all ok.  Checking the other channels with XLR barrels or ground shield they do not go to ground.  Right now I have no RFI running close to 1 KW, but I have had problems in the past.  I do use many #31 and 43 mix snap-on's all over the place.  The XLR and the output pin one needs some extra investigation.  I might pull that box out today and look inside to figure out why pin one on the output side is not grounded to chassis.  There is no schematic unfortunately.

73
Dale, k9vuj
Bloomington, MN.
Not too far from you.