[RFI] Comparing Lightning Arrestors?

doc at kd4e.com doc at kd4e.com
Mon May 16 16:11:35 PDT 2011

Has anyone compared lightning arrestors?

With ICE out of the market for a while I am in need of
a HF+6m device that is rated to full-legal and passes
DC control signals/voltage (I have a Heath HD-1480).

As far as I know the Polyphasers all block DC.

So far I am aware of only two that meet my requirements:

Array Solutions: Hofi LP1103-2800  $84. each.

Randl.com:  Jetstream 1.5-200MHz ARRESTOR 8kWPEP/4kWDC
(I E-mailed them last night to affirm that it passes
DC control signals/voltage, no reply yet.)  $42. each.

QUESTIONS:

1.  Are there others?

2.  Why might one be better than the other?

3.  Does passing DC create a weakness that could result
	in damage?

--

Thanks! & 73, KD4E
David Colburn http://kd4e.com