[RFI] UPDATE: New annoying noise just started

myles landstein myles.landstein at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 12:12:48 PDT 2011

On Sep 7, 2011, at 2:22 PM, Brendan Minish wrote:

> On Wed, 2011-09-07 at 10:23 -0700, Rick Scott wrote:
>
>> I would say the ARRL RFI people in Western Washington are pretty much
>> useless in helping are not responsive and I wont be contacting them
>> ever again on issues.
>
> These would be, I assume, Unpaid volunteers who do not receive
> Compensation for their travel and expenses ..

Don't think so,  volunteering is just that, and of your own free will, if you so choose..  You may not get paid , but the volunteer knew that and agreed to it going in.  Being a volunteer doesn't mean  you have  any excuse  not to perform the duties of the job.  The volunteer  or even a paid employee  is  under  an obligation to do the job  best as they can but if they for any reason feel  they can't which is fine then  they need  to inform  the person they can't help, and/or inform the supervisor to possibly assign someone else   if not perhaps  their position is at best moot  and should  if they are  not performing the  job    step down.

The person or organization 'hiring' the volunteers should make this very clear upfront and have  a mechanism to measure performance of the volunteer employees (and paid) and coach and or remove those not performing as needed.

sometimes  I can't work  as a volunteer  but  i am always  responsive,  and guide the job to someone who can take over thats not a big deal

A hobby or club is only as good as it's members.  A club  will most likely survive and be healthy if  people help each other  ,  the less  fellow members help each other   the less new comers it will attract  and those  whom are 'members' will just be  someone  disgruntled.

just my 2cents  perhaps I am completely wrong and crazy