[RFI] Getting a Gas Furnace, and Electric AC unit...

EDWARDS, EDDIE J eedwards at oppd.com
Mon Aug 13 10:33:48 PDT 2012

My old Lennox furnace installed around 1995 has had the sparking noise during ignition all along.  It is pretty minor RFI and never interfered with QSOs except maybe in some CW contests.  But this problem may be replaced by newer problems in today's units.

I want to thank Larry for making my brain think about radio again!  I'm currently shopping for a new air conditioner/heat pump, and trying to decide between a Goodman SSZ14 series or a Trane XB14 series.  If anyone on the list owns either of these newer models, I'd be interested in hearing how it's working for you (both A/C function and RFI).

Thanks!
73, de ed -K0iL