[RFI] GE Microwave

Missouri Guy n0tt1 at juno.com
Mon Aug 27 16:26:12 EDT 2012

Richard,

I've heard that some microwaves use switching power
supplies instead of a *heavy*, conventional transformer.

If your appliance uses the switching supply, chances
are that it's "on" all the time so the controls are powered up.
That could be the source of your noise.  You might try a
common mode choke on the power cord...see if that makes
a difference.  Study the choke info on K9YC's website!!

73,
Charlie, N0TT