[RFI] Noise Problem

Richard Battles wb4byq at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 15:29:01 EST 2012

Rodger,
I would think that the RFI is coming from the home, thru the triplex
feeding the home from the power transformer, and the RFI also flows on the
ground system.  I have seen that problems several times,  is the noise just
located around a set of frequencies?  Is it very broadband?  Try using the
rf gain contron with the 20 db attenuation if that control is on the radio,
and see if the rfi is on the ground.  at one time i had rfi coming from a
pole and i was under the impression that is was coming from the cable
system power supplies,  then i discovered that the neighbor had just
replaced the dell pc tower power supply with a no name brand type,  i
replaced the power supply later that week with a dell pc power supply ATX
type and the rfi cleared up.  if the rfi is loud around 3903-3912 mhz and
or 3942 mhz you may a samsung plasma tv.

richard