[RFI] Ballast for fluorescent lamp

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Mon Dec 24 13:00:43 EST 2012

On 12/24/2012 11:46 AM, Jim Brown wrote:
> On 12/24/2012 8:29 AM, Steve wrote:
>> The big-box stores only carry the electronic ballasts. Wonder if the
>> electronic ballast will cause me problems?
>
> Expect them to be noisy.  Noise is radiated (at least) three ways --
> from the tubes themselves,

I have 11 2 tube, 8' fixtures. They have the big black inductive
ballasts.  No noise from tubes or wiring.  That's 1650 watts and no
noise with no shielding.  Purchased them from Lowe's.

However due to our "nanny state" feds I understand the 8 footers may
soon be made of unobtanium.

I used to buy the full spectrum versions 2 cases at a time and replace
them all at one time.

73  Roger (K8RI)

  from wiring between the controller and the