[RFI] In house RFI, but

Scott Yost nm8rmedic at rocketmail.com
Sun Jun 24 20:28:47 PDT 2012

I used a National Radio HFDF direction finder coupled to my RF-2200 to track down an arcing junction box in my neighbor's home recently.  The source was a junction that was twisted but had no wire nuts, in a junction box.   It was in the attic, a few feet from their daughters' bedrooms.  The RF-2200's RF gain control is what made it possible to zero in on it.  Nice little blue arc with occasional tendrils of smoke...

You need a setup with a directional antenna, and an attenuator.

Scott
NM8R
Michigan