[RFI] CFL Noise Update - Neighbor Removes Burned Out CFL

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Wed Oct 10 02:22:31 EDT 2012

On 10/10/2012 12:08 AM, Tony wrote:
> On 10/9/2012 10:23 AM, qrv at kd4e.com wrote:
>> Tony, Do you have a common electrical system? Could his circuit have a
>> bad ground or neutral and
>> it is using a path through yours? David
>
> Hi David:
>
> Common in that the power comes into our homes off the same power lines.
> I'd be interested to know if the noise could travel from one home to the
> next via the power lines because of a faulty ground.

I understood him to say it changed frequency, not strength.  Changing
strength is no stretch at all because the switch would change the length
of continuous wire/antenna.  Frequency OTOH is more of a conundrum.

I've been able to wipe out the local repeater (when it was here) just by
rubbing a screwdriver against a guy wire.

73

Roger (K8RI)