[RFI] Noise changes when room lights turn on / off- NOISE FOUND!!!!!

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Sep 22 14:16:03 EDT 2012

On 9/22/2012 2:15 AM, dalej wrote:
> I have low power (9 watt) CFL's all over the house including two in the shack and I have never had a noise from them,

Same experience here -- I bought a bunch roughly 6 years ago, some
(most?) at Costco. I've experienced only one failure so far, in a lamp
that gets used most often, turned on and off at least a couple of times
a day.  Don't recall brand, but nothing I bought then would be available
today, nor would brand performance correlate from then to now. :)

BTW -- LEDs run on low voltage DC, so be on the alert for noisy DC power
supplies.

73, Jim K9YC