[RFI] FCC issues official citation for well pump RFI on Topband

Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr at contesting.com
Thu Apr 25 09:36:00 EDT 2013

Well, sorta.  My pump iis 270 feet down, and only 55 feet of that is in
casing.  The rest is bedrock/karst limestone, which is probably adequate
shielding. The wiring is 2 feet underground until it arrives in my
basement.  Wouldn't that be an adequate location for filtering?  The
controller is in the basement, in any case.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.