[RFI] Apple and Motorola Wall Chargers

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Aug 15 16:43:36 EDT 2013

I've nearly finished the project of going through my home and shack to
search out all the noisy wall warts that are switching power supplies
and replace them with linear warts from my junk box. My process is
simple -- if the plug on the linear doesn't match what the device needs,
I clip the cables to both devices, install Power Poles on the linear
supply and line coming from the plug I want to use, toss the switcher in
the trash and the unused plug in the junk box.

I'm down to the little white cube with integral USB jack that Apple
supplies for use with the iPad. It's not terribly noisy, but I'd still
like to replace it. Any suggestions for a good replacement?

BTW -- the wall wart that Motorola supplies for use with their Droid is
pretty noisy when charging.  I tossed it, and found a suitable regulated
5.1VDC wart.

73, Jim K9YC