[RFI] Keyboard RFI

Dale svetanoff at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 22 15:12:36 EDT 2013

Charlie,

While the hash noise must truly be bad news, that 50V on the CATV line could be even worse.  Is that 50VDC or 50VAC?  If it is AC, it sounds as if there is significant leakage current (or coupling) within a power supply that is operating  some part of your CATV systems.  If that potential is on the cable coming from the outside world into your house. you need to advise the system operator ASAP.  The fcat that you can draw an arc means you have a very definite safety hazard present.  If there is 50VDC on the cable, then you still have  safety issue, but that would indicate that some power supply voltage has been coupled onto the shield of the cable.  That is probably not by design.

73, Dale
WA9ENA