[RFI] Interference from Oil Burner Ignitor

Bob at N2SCJ.net Bob at N2SCJ.net
Wed Dec 11 17:36:11 EST 2013

I watched the Tech do his thing.  Tech closed the spark gap on igniter a
little.  He used some sort of go no/go gauge to bend electrodes.  Also he
bent up the electrodes so that they would be more likely to make contact
with igniter springs and therefore eliminate one set of arcing contacts.
Tightened AC wire connections.  It reduced the problem, but did not
eliminate it.

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: David Robbins
Sent: Sunday, December 01, 2013 10:45 AM
To: Bob at N2SCJ.net ; rfi at contesting.com
Subject: RE: [RFI] Interference from Oil Burner Ignitor

Tell them it is interfering with your AM radio reception... you can suspect
that maybe a ground wasn't reconnected, or maybe a bolt isn't holding it
tight to the case, or maybe a dirty connection, or even possibly a cut wire
or a hv wire too close to some metal that is arcing.  In any case it
shouldn't interfere, especially to AM radio or an audio system.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt at arrl.net
web: http://wiki.k1ttt.net