[RFI] DigiKeyer II

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Dec 19 11:34:56 EST 2013

On 12/18/2013 8:18 PM, Peter Laws wrote:
> As noted previously radio, PS, interface, PC are all tied to a  ground
> rod outside the window of the radio room.

together by SHORT, FAT COPPER. That means a foot or two of #12 run
DIRECTLY from the computer to the radio, another from the computer to
the DigiKeyer, another from the DigiKeyer to the radio.

A connection to EARTH is NOT part of a solution to RFI, nor to hum and
buzz. A connection to earth is important, but ONLY for lightning
protection.

73, Jim K9YC