[RFI] Ultrasonic Dish

Patrick Dyer pjdyer at swbell.net
Wed Jan 2 17:49:03 EST 2013

In Feb 1996 I located an RFI source some 3000' n.w. of me using various
receivers and ultimately a Radio Shack Jetstream Mini retuned to 144 MHz
with 4-el from an 11-el Cushcraft 2-m beam.  It was a busted out street
light (not a "safe" area to wander about in at night).  It was
reassuring to hear the intermittent RFI match the acoustic noises coming
from up there that I could detect with my ears alone.  I documented that
with my 8mm camcorder (maybe I should put it my YouTube collection).

73, Pat - WA5IYX