[RFI] RFI on 1.8 mhz

Joe wa6rkn at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 15:50:42 EST 2013

When this started, nothing new was added to the house...no new phones, no
laptops, nothing with batteries..nada.  Just started midway through the JNN
and never went away.  No longer have the mobile HF running....selling the
truck so all radio equipment is gone.

I am absolutely 100% positive the noise is not originating from my location,
because of the way it started.

Also, the fact, some days like today, the noise is gone.  (Not frequent, but
if it originated on my premise, then it would never go away, as nothing
changes from day to day.)

As I am not a frequent user of 40 meters so it is not critical to find.  I
can assure you of one fact..I am not gonna kill power to the house again as
it takes about 4 hours to bring everything back up again, with all the clock
setting, server reinitializations, etc.  As long as the noise doesn't
migrate to any other frequency, I will 'live' with the noise.

Joe - WA6RKN