[RFI] RFI on 1.8 mhz

Joe wa6rkn at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 15:03:21 EST 2013

As I said, house power turned off....so not originating in my house.  No
UPS' are running.  Don't have portable HF...Hmmm..do have a TH-F6a...could
use that , I suppose)  No beam...run an off center fed dipole that is U
shaped with the bottom of the U facing North by NE.  (About 10 degrees from
True North)

Kurt...I am in Reno...former chairman of the Wide Area Data Group.  (and
very happy to see what Jim, Steve,  Don, Pat, and Tony are doing with the
group!  I pretty much stay away from VHF now...I am 95% HF and 5 % 900 MHz
now.  (Love the 9RS system)  I can be found, pretty near every morning, on
3.959 around 8 am.

BTW today it's quiet today...5 minutes to noon and the noise is at 7 S
units....was actually able to hear Gary in Yreka with no problems!

Joe - WA6RKN

BTW..my days in S. Cal go back to the mid '60s...Claremont, where I got my
first taste of sin as WN6RKN!