[RFI] router RFI

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Sun Mar 3 23:01:42 EST 2013

Interesting discussion.

I can not hear a peep out of my router and switch.  5 computers on  cat6
megabit, as well as one net book, one lap top, and one printer on
wireless. NADA, but I do hear two signals that appear to be routers
spread across about 14 MHz clear up into the VHF range.  Typically they
are below the noise floor on 40 and 20.  If the bands are out and out
dead, then I can just make them out.

   When checking via wireless I find 6 or 7 networks in the
neighborhood. It's a bunch.

I've not been able to tie what I hear to any specific network though
watching the spectrum analyzer. Course I'm not sure I'd recognize one if
it did show up.

73

Roger (K8RI)