[RFI] Nineteen Hour Noise

Ron, K6KYJ k6kyj at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 13 18:08:32 EDT 2013

The timer has been reset; apparently the unoccupied two-story has a caretaker/water guy/bud pruner that comes by daily, and now my S9+ noise is on a 1:53 p.m. local to 6:53 p.m. local down cycle and is up for the remaining 19 hours.

I am learning much more about how to resolve this issue from reading web sites maintained by pot growers. Apparently, these mega-watt ballasts also create havoc on both cable and broadband systems. Surrogates may ultimately resolve this issue.

The cable companies have broad access to customers' residences if they suspect unauthorized use or interference (or so the growers believe).

This will be my last post on this thread.  If there is successful resolution down the road, I'll post a new thread.