[RFI] Strong, broadband noise during wet conditions

Eddy Swynar deswynar at xplornet.ca
Sat Mar 16 15:11:20 EDT 2013

Hi Guys,

I had just the opposite thing happen to me here a few years ago, i.e. the power line noise only stopped whenever it'd rain outside!

Turned-out that it was the power drop-off switch off of the main line feeding my next door neighbour here in the country: it was ancient & all pitted & black, & arcing---but when the WX was wet, the arcing stopped.

Anyway, the power company installed a brand new switch, & all was well...

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ