[RFI] Under-counter lighting that is quiet?

dalej dj2001x at comcast.net
Sun Mar 24 13:57:30 EDT 2013

My neighbor has something like that and it puts out garbage on all bands.  75 and 40 is the worse, but 20 has some humps that go well up the s-meter scale.  I always know when they get up in the morning and leave for school and work.  Weekends are the worse because they are home almost all the time.  I've read where Levtron dimmers are better than most.  I'd research this area closely and quiz the mfg.'s, they all have customer service lines, don't be afraid to go up the ladder until you get some straight answers.  It's your money and your ham radio.  For me, I'm going to try and get the neighbor over to my ham shack to listen to the racket then while he's here with headphones on and listening have him call his wife and turn off the lights.  He will see first hand where the problem lies.  I have offered to buy him a new dimmer if I can have the old one.  We'll see what happens.

73
Dale, k9vuj