[RFI] Comments on RFI from Ductless Air Conditioning Units?

Larry Benko xxw0qe at comcast.net
Sun May 12 13:14:53 EDT 2013

100% agreement here.  I have posted this numerous times before and to
everyone contemplating the purchase of potential interference producing
devices WAKE  UP and write a REQUIREMENT THAT THE PRODUCT BE RF
INTERFERENCE FREE into the contract.  If possible reserve as much of the
payment until after installation and purchase with a credit card in case
of a contract dispute.  I even do this for appliances such as
dishwashers etc. at places like Lowes and Home Depot.  They sometimes
need the store manager to initial this addendum to the sales agreement
but they have never refused.

In my opinion listening to a similar product is next to worthless as an
acceptance test.  The model you listen to might be slightly different
from the one you might get and the installation might be significantly
different from yours.

My $.02.

Larry, W0QE