[RFI] RF tight rooms - somewhat OT

Dale svetanoff at earthlink.net
Sun May 12 16:37:11 EDT 2013

Roger,

A darned good chance that the room you were in was made by Lindgren RF Enclosures, and probably was one of their DEI rooms.  "DEI" = "Double Electrically Isolated", meaning that the inner and outer walls were separated from each other by wooden framing and the two sets of shields were joined at just one location: usually the panel where the power filters were located and a full length grounding stud shorted the shields together.  If not a Lindgren, the one of their competitors, but only Lindgren had the patents for the DEI concept.

73, Dale
WA9ENA