[RFI] RF tight rooms - somewhat OT

Tom Thompson tlthompson at qwest.net
Sun May 12 20:28:25 EDT 2013

Charlie,

It seems to me if your friend just wants to make Q-meter measurements he
might get by with building a 5-sided aluminum box just to contain his HP
Q-meter since he is probably making measurements in the AM broadcast
band frequency range.  He needs to make the box big enough to maintain
at least a coil diameter from the top of the box when the coil is
attached to the Q-meter.  This won't be perfect isolation like a screen
room but it will might be good enough and a whole lot easier.

Tom   W0IVJ