[RFI] CO2 & CO

K9AJ K9AJ at comcast.net
Fri Oct 25 16:02:27 EDT 2013

Hello All,

CO2 (carbon dioxide) is only poisonous when it accumulates to a point
where it displaces oxygen in the environment, as in the Cameroun
disaster noted below.  Remember, CO2 is a large portion of what we
exhale, every time we take a breath.  It is heavier than air so can
accumulate in a valley (ie:  the Cameroun disaster) or a silo, etc.

CO (carbon monoxide) is a direct toxin.  It has a higher affinity
than oxygen for the hemoglobin in blood and prevents the hemoglobin
from delivering oxygen to body tissues.

73....Mike, K9AJ
Michael J McGirr, MD, FACEP