[RFI] CO2 & CO

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Sat Oct 26 07:58:47 EDT 2013

On 10/25/2013 4:02 PM, K9AJ wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> CO2 (carbon dioxide) is only poisonous when it accumulates to a point
> where it displaces oxygen in the environment,

Again, that is suffocation (lack of Oxygen) and not because you are
breathing CO2 which is normally not considered poisonous, otherwise I
agree with what you say.

It makes little difference once you are dead, but you can be
resuscitated if removed from the lack of Oxygen, while CO poisoning
requires treatment and specifically keeping the patient "still" rather
than letting them exercise.  With enough CO poisoning, the patient may
have reached the stage where giving them Oxygen won't even work.

With CO2 you simply have to get enough oxygen back into their system for
a rapid recovery, unless they were Oxygen deprive long enough to have
done brain damage.

  73,

Roger (K8RI)

as in the Cameroun