[RFI] LEDs etc

qrv at kd4e.com qrv at kd4e.com
Thu Feb 13 22:13:11 EST 2014

Modern electronics are highly dependent on wireless-radio communication.

"Wireless" and "radio" include Wifi, cellular, TV, public service
communications (police, fire, ems), CB, Amateur Radio, Bluetooth,
and more.

Fears of EMP (solar storm or manmade) means that emcomm emergency
radio communication via Amateur Radio may be needed to save lives.

Those into huntingm fishing, climbing, hiking, exploring, "preppers"
etc. are all concerned about the reliability of radio communication.

The levels of background radio frequency noise have been rising
continuously for decades & in certain neighborhood sometimes
spike high enough to render some radio communications impossible.

Even a cellphone link may be lost where RFI in that spectrum blocks
an already weak cellular link.  This could mean that a 911 call for
help doesn't get connected.

They need to do their part to raise awareness and to enforce the
letter and intent of FCC regulations based upon US law and our
international radio-related treaties against the jamming of radio
communications.

HTH ...

--

David (NOT Dave) Colburn, KD4E - Nevils, Georgia USA

Safe & Secure Search Engine: duckduckgo.com