[RFI] Non-RF sensitive hardwired smoke/fire alarms?

CR ka5s at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 12 06:44:28 EDT 2014

On 7/11/2014 1:59 PM, WD8ARZ wrote:
> strung a thin random wire out the hotel window through some trees. You
> know, just for listening ...  wasnt too many days and I was wondering
> if I could load up on that wire and have some qso's on hf. While
> tuning up, the hotel fire alarm system went off

Had a similar thing happen at the Tandy Center in Fort Worth not long
after we moved into our new R&D building.  The security guards set off
the smoke detector in the printer room when they reported all secure.
THAT got everyone's attention.

A different "RFI" problem there was cured by getting software engineers
to walk around with their bottoms wet (really!) but that's another story.

Cortland
KA5S
Cortland
KA5S