[RFI] Another possible problem?

Peter Laws plaws0 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 00:06:54 EDT 2014

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 7:58 PM, Gary <gary_mayfield at hotmail.com> wrote:
> My REA replaced my "safety" yard light with an LED unit. Whiter, brighter, no noise. The vapor light made lots of noise on start up. This one does not.

Your REA?  What is this?  1938?  :-D

My neighbor has one from our rural electric coop and so far, it's
still vapor (of some sort - no idea if it's flavored).  I had not
thought of the coops replacing them, but with ours at least, it's a
fixed monthly charge and the coop installs and maintains the unit, so
lowering the power cost makes sense.

Our annual meeting is coming up soon - I should probably ask!

I don't really notice his yard blaster, or at least I've not
attributed any of the noises I hear to it.  I would like him to put a
shade on it, though!