[RFI] Utility coming tomorrow to chase RFI

qrv at kd4e.com qrv at kd4e.com
Tue Jun 3 12:48:03 EDT 2014

I have forwarded everyone's comments to them - they really want to
learn - in fact he had been on the ARRL site reading-up!

Thanks for the good ideas.

I just discovered that my cheap Chinese HT (Baofeng UV-82) does
not do Air band AM, sigh.

I tried opening-up the squelch & walking around but FM isn't the
correct mode for this.

What are the recommended Ham handhelds that have VHF (and preferably
UHF) AM?

Perhaps one that also has AM on HF so it's all in one package?

(If HF on the handheld drives up the cost, or compromises RFI-sensing
features e.g. AM on VHF &/or UHF, I can always still use my pocket
AM-FM-SW receiver for the MW/SW sensing.)

Thanks - David KD4E

--

David Colburn, KD4E - Nevils, Georgia USA

Safe & Secure Search Engine: duckduckgo.com