[RFI] RFI Power Supplies

CR ka5s at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 5 23:43:12 EDT 2014

On 6/5/2014 11:52 AM, Anthony (N2KI) wrote:
> Here is the info on the IOTA DLS-55.  If you also get the IQ4 smart charger
> module (like I did or buy the supply with the internal IQ4) it turns the
> supply into an automatic battery charger/power supply.  The rig can be left
> attached directly to the battery at all times.

I have  been using that setup for some time with a 400 watt Xantrex
XS-400  sine-wave inverter that switches from AC to inverting fast
enough to keep test gear (usually a 'scope and a counter) and a desktop
computer running without a hiccup.  Two rigs can be run from the
batteries, but I need to beef up the wires.

I HAVE noticed, after the batteries (two 6V 200AH deep cycle batteries)
are discharged a while, that when the power comes back on and the DLS-55
gets to serious charging, there is very noticeable RF noise around IIRC
2.8 MHz. Will have to measure the noise. There's a SA sitting right over
it on a table; why not? Heh!

Cortland
KA5S