[RFI] Utility coming tomorrow to chase RFI

Don Kirk wd8dsb at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 09:17:20 EDT 2014

HI Paul,

Here is a link to a youtube recording of what I hear on 136 MHZ AM using a
small handheld scanner (Radio Shack Pro-94) that has the AM aircraft band
when listening to power line noise (in this example I have a 20 db
attenuator in line with the antenna).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrXQXkl3Zos

While this is not a ham radio HT, it does provide an example of what I hear
using this particular model of a handheld VHF receiver.

Don