[RFI] Utility coming tomorrow to chase RFI

N1BUG paul at n1bug.com
Sat Jun 7 06:58:37 EDT 2014

Thanks Don! I really appreciate the info. I picked up a CATV signal
meter (Wavetek SAM IIID) which is great for hunting power line noise
but very bulky to carry around. I would really like to have another
HF/VHF/UHF receiver that is easy to carry, not only for power line
noise but other RFI issues as well. I think the AGC was a big
problem in the Alinco. It was so perfect no signal sounded any
louder than the background hiss. What made it mute the buzz into
something that sounded more like modulated background hiss I have no
idea.

73,
Paul N1BUG