[RFI] Noise...

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Mar 13 01:56:40 EDT 2014

On 3/12/2014 10:31 PM, David Cole wrote:
> Thanks for the frequency list of fall off...:)   I printed that one for
> my RFI file.  I too have a THF6a...

Those are for the TM-D71A. With the TH-F6A, I tune until I find decent
sensitivity (and it's not very good outside the ham bands).

I've also learned to develop a simple directional RX antenna by holding
the radio close to my chest and turning 360 degrees. At UHF, the F/B is
quite good. Good enough that I managed to win a fox hunt with my Chicago
buddies using nothing more than that. :)

73, Jim K9YC