[RFI] Noise...

KD7JYK DM09 kd7jyk at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 14 00:25:31 EDT 2014

: Size? Type? Fed with? Pre-amped?

About 4"x6", Collins 37P4, fed with co-ax, no pre-amp, Yaesu FT-7900 tuned
to 324 MHz.  Originally used for a different application, turned out to be
the best power line RFI detection combination I've ever had.  Power company
was disgusted, Public Utilities Commission, after a two hour demonstration
suggested NVEnergy hire me as a consultant as I could tell them, within
seconds, literally as fast as I can burn rubber down the road, where
problems are, which the power company proved they can't do with two dozen
engineers and technicians and $50K in equipment.

Sending a pic.

Kurt